The series has a strong focus on developing student listening skills. Students receive instruction in naturally reduced weak-form English which will help develop their comprehension skills.
- Listening: Students will learn to comprehend naturally spoken English, its weak forms and reductions. Each unit has a section of analytical listening to help students understand the natural stress and rhythm of English – how vowels become week, disappear, link together and so on.
- Vocabulary: Students will learn useful words associated with different topic areas that are associated with the test: office routines, company organization, travel finance, property management, manufacturing, sales, entertainment and so on.
- Grammar: An implicit approach to grammar has been taken. Activities in each unit act as springboards which allow students and teachers to further explore elements of grammar.
- Output: Each unit has four output activities which help develop an understanding of the test and the language needed to do well on the test.
- Time pressure: Activities are timed to give students practice answering questions under pressure.
|Student’s Book (with MP3 CD & Online Practice Test)|